Brene Brown is one of the most inspirational people that you’d ever want to listen to. She has written many books, spoken at various TED talks and has been featured on Oprah Winfrey Soul Sunday many times. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent more than a decade studying vulnerability, courage, authenticity and shame.
As a shame researcher, Brene Brown has often had to live through her teachings personally. Telling the story of her own breakdown (which she lovingly refers to it as a breakthrough or “Spiritual Awakening”) she was confronted with the reality of what it was going to take to live a wholehearted life.
The following is her 10 Guideposts for Living Wholeheartedly:
- Cultivating Authenticity – letting go of what people think.
- Cultivating Self Compassion – letting go of perfectionism.
- Cultivating a Resilient Spirit – letting go of numbing and powerlessness.
- Cultivating Gratitude and Joy – letting go of scarcity and fear of the dark.
- Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith – letting go of the need for certainty.
- Cultivating Creativity – letting go of comparison.
- Cultivating Play and Rest – letting go of exhaustion as status symbol and productivity as self worth.
- Cultivating Calm and Stillness – letting go of anxiety as a lifestyle.
- Cultivating Meaningful Work – letting go of self-doubt and ‘supposed to’.
- Cultivating Laughter, Song and Dance – letting go of being cool and ‘always in control’.
Below are some links definitely worth watching :